Wednesday 30 January 2013

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen: still my favourite book of all time ever

I have so much to say about this book right now. So much that I want to eloquently phrase in more words than I have time for.

As I read it again, it's as though I'm discovering it for the first time. I am finding myself laughing out loud on the tube (utterly forbidden), highlighting paragraphs (unheard of), lip-syncing my favourite bits of dialogue (not recommended in public) and actively contemplating how much I am enjoying reading it every ten pages or so.

It may be a sad reflection on my life at the moment, but experiencing this book again is lifting my spirits, filling my heart and making me truly joyful. I love reading, I love books, and I have loved this book for most of my life but something special is going on right here and now.

No comments: